Translate

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Why I Decided to Create This Blog

 Whether you can't understand a word they're saying or not, these ragazzi italiani, Il Volo, will make you cry.  From their performance at the 2012 Nobel Prize concert.

This blog is an Italian twin sister, una sorella gemella italiana, to my other one (French) "Getting Beyond 'Comment Allez-Vous.'"  I hope to use it to record the ups and downs of studying Italian, that most musical of all languages, and to provide resources and advice that I've found useful.  Hopefully, I'll eventually have readers, so I would strongly encourage comments.

I have never studied Italian formally (beaucoup de français; and un pequeño de español), but have done some self-study and know the elementary grammar and very basic vocabulary.  I originally intended to concentrate on what I know best, French, but decided I simply can't let my Italian go.  It enthralls me endlessly.  

So onward we go.  I hope to post every day.  Buona giornata!

No comments:

Post a Comment